Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Royal Wedding

On Friday, April 29, two billion people watched Prince William and Kate Middleton get married. It surprised me to see and hear negative comments about the Royal Wedding.

“I'd like to take a second this morning to address the ladies in our audience. If you woke up at 4am to watch Royal Wedding coverage, you sadden me. We only recently gained the right to vote. Please don't do things like this to get that right taken away. Thank you. – Danielle”

This comment was posted on Facebook by a local radio celebrity. First, she needs a history lesson. Second, what an idiot!

From the earthquake and tsunami in Japan to the devastation of the tornados in the southern United States, our news channels provide non-stop coverage of all things bad. These disasters prove time and time again its human nature to come together and prevail.

What is so wrong about covering a happy event for a few hours? What is so wrong about a celebration that can bring a nation together? What is so wrong about a nation that is proud of its Royalty, even if they are “just figureheads”? What is so wrong about an event that can bring two billion people together in celebration? Not one thing.

So I say to you Danielle, your ignorance saddens me and two billion people would agree.

“If I can figure it out, why can’t they.” I am the Conservative Housewife. Hear me roar.

No comments:

Post a Comment